Well, I finally did it; after months of hems and haws I finally had my stylist chop my hair. We took off a good 5 inches in the back and maybe 2-3 inches off the front to get that inverted angle just right. I'll admit, it was hard hearing those scissors on that first snip. I actually think I may have been holding my breath, but as he kept going I became more and more okay with what was going down.
My hair had gotten so long (for me, at least) and I have thick hair. So, the weight of all that hair was really starting to give me headaches whenever I tried to pull my hair up, which is inevitable in the sizzling heat that is summer in Florida.
By the end of my haircut, I literally felt like I had a new head on my shoulders. My hair felt so much lighter, and blowdrying was a BREEZE! I had never been able to dry my hair in 10 minutes, but now I can.
So, let's get into how I style my new 'do and what products I'm using. I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner regime; I just get to use a lot less product than before. I'll apply a leave-in conditioner and serum before combing out my hair. Then, I let it air dry while I do my makeup. I'm down to a 10-ish minute blow dry, which is unheard of with my hair. I still use a large round brush to dry my hair, this one is my favorite. Then, I'll either go in real quick with my flat iron or I'll take the time to curl with a curling wand for a beach wave look or I'll use my 2 inch curling iron for a smooth blowout look.
All in all, I can have my hair completely done in 20-30 minutes depending on how I end up styling it. The curling wand pushes me closer to the 30 minute mark simply because I have to curl my hair in smaller sections.
- I still shampoo with Redken Color Extend Shampoo
- I either condition with Redken Color Extend Conditioner, Redken Blonde Idol Mask or L'Oreal Oleo Therapy deep conditioning mask (using way less than before)
- After I'm out of the shower, I use the It's a 10 with Keratin leave-in conditioner (just using way less than before)
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum
- L'Oreal Boost It back combing spray
- TreSemmé Keratin Smooth hairspray